Registration for the 2022-23 hockey season is currently open!
How to register:
Returning players may register online through the REGISTER link below. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if help is needed with online registration.
New and transfer players must register online. Please contact the registrar for help obtaining a Hockey Canada ID
number. When registering we will require a copy of the players Birth Certificate or Valid Passport, AND a copy of their Alberta
Health Care Card AND Proof of Residency (utility bill, power bill, water bill -a screenshot of online bill works, but it must show
parents name and service address on it). The Hockey Alberta Parent Declaration online form must also be done for all new and
transferring players https://www.hockeyalberta.ca/parent-declaration-form/
In order for registration to be accepted
● The online registration form must be completed with all required documentation.
● Payment must be made in full (or Teamsnap payment plan set up).
● The $250 volunteer deposit must be paid or submitted by post-dated cheque (see below)
● Respect in Sport Parent must be completed by at least one parent and up to date (expires every four years)
● Online payment - may be made with a credit card at time of registration or by setting up the teamsnap payment plan
of down payment of $250 with the remainder split into equal automatic payments on September 1, 2021 and October
● Offline payment - contact the registrar for e-transfer instructions, or a cheque may be mailed to Knights (address
below). Cheques may be post-dated for September 1, 2022. There is
a $25 fee for any cheques returned for NSF.
If selecting an offline payment method, please email email@example.com with your plan for payment. Unpaid
registrations without communication may be deleted.
Knights Southside Hockey Association
417 - 2331 66 Street NW
PO Box 32077
Edmonton, AB T6K 4B0
RESPECT IN SPORTS - Parent Course
Hockey Alberta mandated that at least one parent or guardian of each player registered in minor hockey in Alberta must
complete the one hour, $12.60, online RIS Parent Program as a condition of their participation. The RIS Parent Program is a
proactive, educational program that empowers parents with the tools to ensure the game is enjoyable and respectful for
themselves, their children and other stakeholders in the game. This certification must be renewed every four years.
Take the course at: https://hockeyalbertaparent.respectgroupinc.com/
KC Knights Hockey is a volunteer run association, and as such, depends on the volunteer assistance of its members to
function successfully. The more volunteers we have, the better our association becomes.
● Each family is required to complete 2 volunteer credits per player to fulfill their volunteer commitment.
● At the time of registration, a deposit of $250 is required per player which is equivalent to 2 volunteer credits. This may
be paid online or submitted in the form of a post dated cheque (dated Jan 1, 2021). Once the volunteer commitments
have been fulfilled, the deposit fee will be refunded if paid or post-dated cheques will be shredded. If only 1
volunteer credit is fulfilled, only half will be returned (post-dated cheque will be deposited and half refunded).
● To opt-out of volunteer requirement, an opt-out fee of $250 will be added to the registration fee, in lieu of the deposit
fee,and will be due at registration. (The opt-out fee allows the association to hire someone to fill-in the position as
● 2 Credits are given for: Board Members, Head Coach, Team Manager, U7 Assistant
● 1 Credit is given for: Assistant Coach, Jersey Parent, Timekeeper, Spring on Ice Shift, Bingo Shift, Oil Kings 50/50, Oilers
50/50, Minor Hockey Week or Timbits Jamboree.
● Conditioning camps - are available to all Knights players at an additional fee and will be held in August. Dates, fees,
and registration information will be posted at https://www.knightshockey.ca/development-camps/
● Evaluations - In September U9, U11, and U13 players have player evaluations to place players on teams of similar
ability. U7 will also have a pre-skate to group players onto even teams. Groups and dates will be posted at
https://www.knightshockey.ca/evaluations/ once available.
● You will also receive an invitation to evaluations/pre-skate from the category director in early September.
Coaching and Assistant Coaching
Thank you for your interest in Coaching or Assistant Coaching. Coaching staff is entered into the Hockey Canada Registration System the same way as a player. To Coach, we require your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth and Alberta Health Card number. There are Coaching Courses required to be completed as per Hockey Alberta regulations. The fees for these courses are fully reimbursable. Once chosen to coach, more information regarding the coaching courses will be given to you. Please contact the appropriate category director ( https://www.knightshockey.ca/about-us/ ) for more information.
Did you know that KC Head Office has its own Goalie
Equipment that is available for use by our U11 and U13
Goalies free of charge? They can outfit you with Chest
Protectors, Blocker, Catcher and Pads. This equipment is
for use during the season, on ice only. If interested, please
contact your Category Director for instructions. A security
deposit may be required.
Casino Credit Opportunities:
TBA. Please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Registration Fees and Categories
Categories are determined by year of birth.
2018 U7 - Discovery $175
2017 U7 - Junior Timbits $175
2016 U7- Senior Timbits $260
2014-2015 U9 (was novice) $575
2012-2013 U11 (was atom) $750
2010-2011 U13 (was peewee) $850
Players who withdraw in writing to KC Knights Hockey:
● PRIOR TO ANY EVALUATIONS may apply for a 100% refund of paid fees minus $50 administration fee.
● PRIOR TO PLACEMENT ON A TEAM may apply for a refund of 80% of paid fees minus $50 administration fee.
● AFTER PLACEMENT ON A TEAM by the Category Director will be INELIGIBLE FOR ANY REFUND.
Financial assistance is available through the following organizations:
Provides financial support for registration fees to children from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sports program. For further details, click here.
Provides families in financial need with a financial boost for registration and equipment costs to get kids involved in sport. Funds can also be provided for adaptive equipment to help kids with special needs. For further details, click here.